Individual Thera-Pits Therapy Dog Bios
EVERY Thera-Pits dog that you see on our pages and in the schools has been rescued from being put to sleep, to living a life that brings happiness to children in reading programs to the terminally ill we now visit at hospitals.
Below are our amazing stories of hope. We hope to teach people why breed discrimination against pit-bulls needs to end now.
Gremlin was rescued for a fighting ring when an undercover cop bought her and her mother. After working in a hydrotherapy pool to help her back legs which had both been broken, she started training. She is now a registered Therapy Dog with Therapy Dogs Inc and works with children with Autism. She was also the FIRST Pit Bull accepted into the University Hospitals Pet Pals Program which has been around for over 20 years.
I am an American Bulldog pit bull mix who at 4mths old was rescued by Friends of the Cleveland Kennel (FOCK). My now mom and trainer Anita Frederick took me in as a foster. It didn’t take too long for me to earn a permanent place in her pack. I worked very hard to do well in my obedience, and then pursued my therapy training. Dogs like me, labeled pit bulls or pit mixes are misunderstood, I was saved to be an ambassador for others like me. My mission, with the help of my mom, is to change the perception of my breed, and of rescued or shelter dogs by educating future generations.
Rescued off the street, Pixie is now quite the clown. She loves a good back scratch and makes all the kids laugh with her silly antics. Pixie loves tennis balls, long hikes in the woods (As long as its not to cold out!), and sitting on your lap if she can get away with it!
Cassidy is quite a unique girl! She loves little kids and likes to give kisses if she can. Cass keeps her dog pack in line by herding them around when they need it! Her favorite pastimes are sticking her head out the window in the car, running off leash in the woods, and curling up in a ball at my feet after a long day at work.
From death row to therapy dog, Carson loves to show people that pit bulls are the best dogs in the world! Her favorite pastimes include playing tug-a-war, snuggling up on the couch, and meal time. She gives everyone a huge smile everytime she wakes up from a nap! Carson loves everyone she meets!
Jimmy Dean sadly just lost his well fought battle with cancer. = ( Our thoughts go out to his mom and family. Jimmy’s time in this life was remarkable. He will be deeply missed by those who he touched. You can leave condolences on his Facebook page here…
Check Out This Good Lookin' Lineup!
- I'm New Here! Jimmy Dean! Hi! I'm the newest addition to the Thera-Pits clan! Let the reading FUN begin!
- Gremlin Hughes Thera-Pits Spokesdog American Humane Association Hero Dog Awards: 2012 Nominee - Therapy Dog Category
- The Stig I Am The Stig! I'm a officially a Thera-Pits therapy dog!!! How COOL is THAT????
- Carson Meet Carson I'm the best listener of ALL time! Tell me a story!
- Butch Hi! I'm Butch! I LOVE LOVE LOVE when kids read to me! When can I come visit your school??
- Simon Simon Saaaaays.... "Have you heard the news! We're growing our reading program across the US!"
- Pixie Pretty Pixie I LOVE to lay my head down, close my eyes and hear a good book!