The Pit Bull therapy dog program is absolutely wonderful and has benefited my students dramatically! I have worked with the dog therapy program for four years and highly recommend it to every teacher/school district. I work with students who have a variety of disabilities, ranging from autism to specific learning disabilities. The students not only enjoy reading to the dogs but are able to read without being self-conscious of their disabilities. Since the beginning of the year they have increased their fluency and reading comprehension, which I believe is a direct reflection from the dog therapy program. The dogs also have decreased many negative behaviors and have provided the children with a calm and soothing environment. I am very grateful for all the dogs and their trainers for the amazing services they are able to provide my students with. They truly have such a positive impact on my students and play a major role in their academic and social skills!Julie Wiggenhorn3rd Grade Intervention Specialist
North Ridgeville City Schools
MORE Testimonials will be posted shortly so stay tuned! In the meantime, if you want to bring Thera-Pits to your school LET US KNOW!
Check Out This Good Lookin' Lineup!
- I'm New Here! Jimmy Dean! Hi! I'm the newest addition to the Thera-Pits clan! Let the reading FUN begin!
- Gremlin Hughes Thera-Pits Spokesdog American Humane Association Hero Dog Awards: 2012 Nominee - Therapy Dog Category
- The Stig I Am The Stig! I'm a officially a Thera-Pits therapy dog!!! How COOL is THAT????
- Carson Meet Carson I'm the best listener of ALL time! Tell me a story!
- Butch Hi! I'm Butch! I LOVE LOVE LOVE when kids read to me! When can I come visit your school??
- Simon Simon Saaaaays.... "Have you heard the news! We're growing our reading program across the US!"
- Pixie Pretty Pixie I LOVE to lay my head down, close my eyes and hear a good book!